Benefits of outdoor activities include:
Little Heath School
- Groups learn new skills and how to safely use a variety of tools
- Groups become aware of their role in the conservation of Epping Forest
- Groups can benefit from working in a team
- Groups, especially those from urban communities, can acquire a fresh outlook
on wild places like Epping Forest
- PPE (personal protection equipment) and tools are provided by the Trust.
Little Heath School has students with learning difficulties and
other disabilities. Little Heath groups come weekly over a full term
and through the outdoor environment learn new skills, build
confidence and explore the Forest wildlife.
number of the participants are working towards the John Muir Award.
If you think that you have a group which could also benefit from this kind of experience please contact us.
For information on other groups, please look at the
Special Projects section, where there are
details of the Happy Loppers and of the Epping Forest Scout